What I believe about God:
• The Holy Bible was written by men divinely inspired and is God's revelation of Himself to man.
• There is one and only one living and true God.
• God is Father in truth to those who become children of God through faith in Jesus Christ. He is fatherly in His attitude toward all men.
• Christ is the eternal Son of God. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary.
• The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God, fully divine.
• Salvation involves the redemption of the whole man (person), and is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, who by His own blood obtained eternal redemption for the believer. In its broadest sense salvation includes regeneration, justification, sanctification, and glorification. There is no salvation apart from personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord.
Excerpted from the Baptist Faith and Message Statement: http://www.sbc.net/bfm/bfm2000.asp